In the United States National Cat Day is observed each year on October 29th and was founded to help the public recognize the number of cats that need to be rescued. The day also encourages cat lovers to celebrate the cats in their lives for the unconditional love and companionship that they bestow upon them.
Check out below 15 ways to celebrate National Cat Day:
1. Adopt a cat from your local shelter or cat rescue.
2. Make a commitment to your cat’s health
3. Donate blankets, food and toys to animal welfare organizations.
4. Volunteer at your local shelter and offer to play with some cats available for adoption, clean cages and litter boxes or anything else they need help with.
5. Bake some cat shaped cookies for your kids, friends or office and bake some tuna cookies for your cat.
6. Have a safety check of your home to make sure it’s safe for your new cat.
7. Spend the day taking photos of your cat and posting them on our Facebook page and use #NationalCatDay.
8. Assist an ill or elderly neighbor by cleaning their cat’s litter box and playing with their cat.
9. Buy your cat a fun new toy….condo, bed or treats!
10. Give your cat some fun exercise by putting up some walls shelves specifically for him/her.
11. Make a window perch for your cat to lay in the sun.
12. Brush your cat to eliminate excess fur and hairballs.
13. Give your cat a calming massage.
14. Buy your cat a collar and tag with your name and number, just in case they get outside and happen to become lost.
15. Have a National Cat Day party and invite all your friends and their cats!